Knowing how to use an electronic cigarette is probably the only feature of e-cigarette smoking that will give you a hard time as there are numerous choices to consider. There exist everything you need to personalise your electronic smoking experience.
When your time comes to determine what electronic cigarette starter kit you need, be sure to consider the following:
• How often do you smoke?
• Do you need an extra battery?
• Do you smoke while out or is it entirely enjoyable when you are at home?
• How much do you want to spend when starting?
• Do you need any extra accessories like a car charger or carrying case?
There is a wide range of electronic cigarette starter kits to satisfy a beginner looking for a new one as well as smoking veterans, also known as vapers. All kits come with minimum basic accessories. However, some have more peripherals, allowing you to choose what you need without wasting anything. All starter kits come with guidelines on how to use the contents, which is invaluable if you want to simply start exploring this new style of smoking before you transition between e-cigarette and tobacco use permanently.
The Basic kit
Basic kits, also known as starter kits are relatively cheap, but this does not mean they are not the best to get you started. They are also purchased by people who want to replace their main pieces of kit and already have the other important accessories and extras that they really want and need. The content in a starter kit will depend on which one you choose to purchase and how much you are willing to spend. Normally, you will see an e-cigarette battery, usually 650 mAh power, a clearomizer (this is the device used to hold the e- liquid, also called the e-juice), CE4 and a USB charging lead. The liquid used in the clearomizer often come as a separate product.
There are numerous brands of e-liquids for you to choose from but most starter kits come with only a few to get you started. It is important to learn how the different levels of nicotine in e-liquids work. It can be disappointing to pick a kit with e-liquid that is too weak or too strong. You are free to experiment with different e-liquids until you find one that suits you. However do not inhale too high; if the e-liquid is very strong, you may experience an unpleasant feeling.
Here is a free guide on different e-liquids with varying strengths:
• 0mg- nicotine free
• 6mg- light nicotine- this can be compared to what light smokers enjoy
• 12mg- this is the average
• 18mg- normally, it is chosen by regular smokers who enjoyed basic high strength cigarettes
• 24mg- contains a higher amount of nicotine and is mostly preferred by those who smoke heavily
The two most relevant points that you need to consider when buying the regular starter are:
1. If the basic battery last all day, depending on how frequent you vape? If your answer is negative, then you may need a bigger battery such as a 900 mAh or an 1100 mAh. As an alternative, you can get an extra battery, which might work to your advantage since a higher powered one is usually bigger.
2. If you are smoking away from home, which is most likely at work, you will need to have a car charger, an extra USB cable to charge at such a location via your computer or a wall socket. This would be really useful to ensure that you do not go back to using conventional cigarettes when your e cig goes flat. Never use chargers that are not made for e cigarette charging; it is very dangerous.
There are two main electronic cigarette sizes, which are the micro-cig and a vaporizer or tank. The convenient and portable micro-cigarette is good for you, while the vaporizer has a higher capacity cartridge and comes with many settings. If you are looking to switch to e cigarette smoking, the basic cigarette starter kit is best for you.